Unique Tasting Room Now Open
Visitors to Walnut Ridge Vineyard will find a tasting room architecturally unlike anything else in the area.
At Walnut Ridge, you can come for wine tasting and much more.
The Venue, our tasting room is modeled after a New Orleans building originally built in the 1760’s. It’s a French Colonial style. We fell in love with this architectural style and we hope you do too. It’s definitely old world, featuring a steep pitched roof, dormers, reclaimed hand hewn timbers, gas lamps, and a wood burning fireplace. We provide several interior and exterior seating areas. And did we tell you about the setting? It is sitting on a slight knoll in the heart of Walnut Ridge, 360 degree views of our vineyard and adjacent vineyards, farms, hills and forests.
Wine and Food
We offer wine for tasting, purchase by the glass or bottle for onsite consumption and of course wine to take home….”Terroir to go”. We offer at least two tasting flights or ala cart tasting if you prefer. Typically, we offer 9 or 10 estate produced wines to sample!
Our kitchen is open for small plates and appetizers. Our menu changes often but we always strive to provide fresh, house made selections with vegetarian and gluten free options that pair well with our wines.
- The Sass Connection – Many people ask why our wines have Sass on the label. Sass is our wine making partner’s last name. We love the wine he makes and we’re proud to have his name on our label. Wendy and I are content to have our names on the back of the label and Walnut Ridge Vineyard designations when appropriate.
- The Gate – As you approach Walnut Ridge, you’ll notice a gate. The primary purpose of the gate is to keep the deer out. The gate will open automatically as you approach it during normal business hours.
The Fine Print:
- We try to have as few rules as possible but please, no offsite food or beverages. Our business is wine and food and to provide a beautiful setting for the enjoyment of our customers.
- We prefer no smoking, but if you must, please smoke in your vehicle and extinguish and take any smoking materials with you.
- We love our pets too, but please, no pets in the tasting room. Well behaved owners and their pets are welcome on our patio areas.
Thanks for your cooperation.
We strive to provide a warm and welcoming environment where you can enjoy our wines and food in a beautiful setting. Our goal is to have you want to come back and bring your friends.
We hope to see you soon,
Wendy and Jim